Saturday, May 27, 2017

Media Matters Blog Post


 Facebook was the first social media that I tried, it was more to see what it was about at first. Then I got so invested in the social media part of Facebook that I wanted to add everyone I could think of even people I didn’t know. This shaped me as a teenager because it made me become more nosey and annoying kind of person. Also, I thought it would help me become more noticeable and famous because I was somewhat popular in middle school.



It was more than just drama, it was who I was in high school or just as a teenager. Drama was the best thing that I had until I realized it caused me to be more of a bad friend than just liking to talk to people. It wasn’t a good idea to be involved in the drama because it left me walking in the hallways alone. But also, it left me as a better person in the end because now I know how to deal with different situations even if they aren’t mine.




Media for me was not just Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and etc. It was also dating websites. This media is called Plenty of Fish, it’s an online site that didn’t shape me into not a very good person. This site was the worst thing I ever did at first because it was a big influence on who I became as a person and what I did on my actions. Based on those choices I wasn’t aware of who I was hurting, and it was myself. Also, I was changing into a person I wasn’t away of, and it wasn’t who I really was. In the end, I found the right person to be with who influences me in the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talks about Locker Rooms

Where the Boys Are:  Teenage Masculinity   Alexis Jones: Locker Room Talk --  Says Who?                                           ...